Athletes are often well trained on how to avoid injury, but it’s often just a matter of time before a muscle is pulled, an ankle is sprained or worse. Sports injuries are painful, but if they aren’t cared for properly, they can also result in serious long-term problems and possibly cause a premature halt to a promising career.
A sports massage is a means of preventing and/or healing sports injuries. The benefits of a sports massage include:
- Improvement of range of motion.
- Prevention of injuries to muscles and tendons.
- A boost of energy and endurance.
- Promotion of endorphin release, thereby reducing pain caused by constricted muscle fibers.
- Increase in the flow of lymph fluid, which filters out toxins and waste products.
- The release of muscle tensions and the restoration of balance to the musculoskeletal system.
- Cleansing the body of excess lactic acid and easing knots.
- Maintenance of muscle and ligament elasticity.
Mantra Wellness Centre is dedicated to holistic wellness and peacefulness with the body. All our massage therapists are registered and meet current regulation standards. Click here to book your appointment online today! 403.266.8933